Skip to main content

'A Life Time Journey' Equine Abstract Art by Texas Artist Laurie Pace




'A Life Time Journey'
30 x 30  Oil on Canvas


Commission Painting SOLD

Contact me for commission work. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010




The Painting: This was painted for a special friend and it has been a journey in itself!  I am posting it out to her today and we will celebrate at it's arrival.


The Thought:  Boxes surround us.  We are staying the course and fighting the battle of time.  Terry spent three hours partially grooming dogs and realized his scissors were packed.  I think it is avoidance disorder. He does not want to face the garage and he has only 48 hours left and the movers will be here.  I finished up the kitchen. I need to order one more group of Book Boxes and some more for the garage that he has not even started.  Won't know how many to get because he has not started.


He is a sweetheart.  He told me three days ago I had not seen him in action and he was going to be so organized I would not recognize him.  Honestly I love him too much to believe that he can ever quite get there.  It just isn't his nature and he would not be the man I love if he was organized.  He comes by it honestly.  I am praying something kicks in today so the garage will begin to be packed. 

I have to return the boxes to Time Warner Cable and go the post office tomorrow to drop Rayette's painting off to her.  Then home to pack pack pack.


As we get into the move, do not expect much on Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesday. It might only be a short HI and a painting of sorts.  The movers came yesterday and told us it was an overnight move. UGH...the cost doubled.

I pray your weekend is filled with the beauty and peace of the celebration of Christ's Resurrection.

Laurie

"Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!”- Matthew 20: 17-19









Comments

Ross Lynem said…
i liked your story. It touched me deeply. Especially the part about Terry and is disorder but he is loved despite that and would not be the same if he changed. That was beautiful. Your painting is beautiful too. I love your colors.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...