Skip to main content

'Trigger' Contemporary Horse Oil Art Daily Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Trigger'

24 x 36  Oil on Canvas

Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010

The Painting: This is a piece returning from a closed gallery in California.  The Red Tree Gallery closed over a split in the family.  I have four pieces coming home from the coast and this is by far one of my favorites. Even last year I painted a similar one in a large version for a collector as a commission painting.  Trigger has rich deep caramel browns and golden sienna's.  The paint is palette knifed on in thick pulls of color carving out in ridges of paint.

The Thought:  I placed my order today with Asel Art for canvas and supplies to begin my big painting session for this week.  I am preparing pieces for a show in Colorado in April.  If Trigger does not sell from the blog, I may send it as part of the collection.

Preparing is where my blog is heading today.  Preparation is needed in our hearts as a process to prepare our desires.  This basically means practicing our sense of anticipation in a positive outlook.  To have preparation that is going into Lent being a dreaded time of giving up something we love... we are definitely not on the right track.  Lent is the time to prepare our hearts for something wonderful to happen.

It is here a sense of excitement will set off anticipation as we begin to realize there is something coming to look forward to ourselves.  Staying aware of His grace, we need to prepare to place ourselves in the right space to receive what God has for us.

Preparing ourselves mentally is not the only place we need to work. Our home needs to prepare as well.   The preparation reaches out of the mind into our living and daily life.  Our preparation and excitement can be witnessed by others and it can help them begin to prepare as well.  Our desire and focus stirs the spirit to be prepared...

Are you making ready?

Laurie

 "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Ephesians 5:8-14

Comments

Unknown said…
Hello, I am also a christian artist and blogger. I do watercolor and also love to paint our horses. I absolutly love yor work. I am your newest fan! Many Blessing, Deborah

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...