Skip to main content

'Tom's Roses' Daily oil Flower Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Tom's New Roses'

20 x 24 inches  Oil on Canvas
SOLD


Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie


 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009

The Painting: Another oldie from 2005 that is sold. It was inspired by our friend Tom's beautiful back yard in Flower Mound Texas.

The Thought:   Last night was quite a night... we began our march into Christmas.  We lit our candles on the advent wreath and discussed Joy and how we each interpreted it.  Then we feasted on home made beef vegetable soup with homemade organic cornbread. The soup was all organic too.  Thick rich tomato base with fresh asparagus, fresh snap green beans, fresh corn cut off the cobs, fresh cut up tomatoes, fresh onion, celery, orange bell pepper and carrots... then some wonderful center cut angus beef that Terry cut into one inch cubes, floured and sauted in olive oil.  We will eat this for days!

Then came the fun. Crystal has never done Christmas cookies, icing and decorating. ...so we did just that and we dipped pretzels in chocolate.  I put together a slide show of the fun... and the end of the slide show is her opening up her Senior Class ring...it arrived late yesterday evening.  So you will get a bit of everything. This is the JOY of a 17 year making her first batch of sugar cookies and icing them for Christmas gifts.







SO back to the joys... what are your joys? If you think back to your growing up years... what did you look forward to and dream of having or being one day?  How has that changed from where you are today? What would be your joy today?

In this season of advent we hold in our hearts the joy of celebrating the Christ child's birth... I wish you joy today.  My joy sharing this my family was the precious times we have gathered with Terry's family and how the love of family is so dear.  When I am in St Louis with my extended family I feel this same love surrounding us.  At this time of the year, I yearn for the gathering of those I love...to share and rejoice in the season. This year is extra special because Terry and I have the joy of our new daughter as well as our new granddaughter.

Laurie
"Then turning to the disciples, Jesus said to them privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see!"--Luke 10:23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...