Skip to main content

'Bow to the Sun' Contemporary Horse Equine Art Daily Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Bow to the Sun'
5 x 7  Acrylic on Canvas


Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009

The Painting:  This is the second in the mini series I am doing.  Again a perfect stocking stuffer for your equine lover.


The Thought:  With this season of advent I am challenging you to renew the SPIRIT and enrich your life.  Every year at the end of the year we all begin thinking about New Year's Resolutions.  I do not even want to go there.  

Give some thought as to how you can renew the Spirit in your life.   You might think about praying a bit more and talking and walking with God.  Do it when you are not distracted...when things are calm. If the weather allows, try walking outside and surround yourself with God's creation. I guarantee you will be calmer and more rested when you are done.

Yesterday I continued on with my calmness and my moment by moment talks with God.  Every single time I began to stress or allow fear to creep in when I was dealing with things, I told it NO.  And I turned my thoughts to God immediately.  I took a breath and continued with my day ignoring the things that beckoned me to chaos.  Whenever it seemed I was getting buried with too much to do... I turned to Him and said... let it be done as you will it to be done. ... in Your time and not mine. Oh my did the stress dissipate... someone else was responsible and it was not me.

Today start that walk and let Him have the chaos and stress... He is waiting with open arms and an warm heart....

Laurie

"In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” Luke 1:26-28.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...