Skip to main content

'White Arabian' Modern Equine Art Large Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace


'White Arabian'

30 x 30  Oil on Canvas


Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

© Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009


The Painting:  I tried hard to paint something quiet and still like with this one and I just could not do it. The softness is here but it is in living color.  Edward Gordon told me once to paint what is in my soul and he was right... it is color and the everlasting color that pulls me through the composition. I cannot and will not paint things that are not 'of me'.  I will never be the typical daily painter of fruit and candy and cupcakes. I could probably tweak my love back to people as Edward paints, but right now I will celebrate the painted ponies every day.

The Thought:  I love selling pieces off the blog.  The November Ponies are going to Colorado to live and I am so jealous.  Although I am not sure I would survive the cold of their winters, I love and appreciate the beauty of that state when ever I visit.  Even Wyoming...the southern part of Wyoming must be the armpit of the state.  It seems endless and barren, much like the panhandle of Texas. BUT then the rest of Wymoing is dripping in gorgeous.  This past summer we drove through the Red Desert and I would return there just to explore that region.

No matter where we are every day, there is beauty to be found in His grace and the beauty that exists in that day.  Many times we are stuck in a situation of pain and depression and it is so hard to find that ray of sun that breaks into a rainbow.  If you are there in the darkness right now...I am praying for you. I am praying His Grace wraps you in His care and somewhere today you find that beacon of light to guide you from the darkness that holds you back.  Look around and find something that pulls at a positive memory from a moment from your past.  Could be that small scar on your leg you got when you were riding like the wind on your bicycle, remember how glorious that felt? Or how about that photo on the table of your parents. They may not be near by to help you but there love always surrounds you. 

Reach out to someone today.  Reach out to God.  I am praying for you.

Laurie

"The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."--Job 33:4




Comments

Karen M Schmidt said…
Thank you Laurie, for your thought of the day, every day! Always so encouraging.

I LOVE this painting -- you're right, it is a little softer, but still so full of life! I think Edward was right, too ... paint what's in your soul. God has given you your vision ... It's awesome to see you celebrate it every day!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...