Skip to main content

'The Gaze' Equine Art Modern Horse Daily Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'The Gaze'


30 x 30  Acrylic on Canvas

SOLD FROM FACEBOOK TODAY! Thank you. 

Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009


The Painting:  Once in awhile I get this driving urge to paint with REDS.    This is a deep dark rich red almost like the red on the new Dodge products my husband drools over.  I extended it with Indian Yellow as my base and from there begin to develop this composition.  Latex Heavy Acrylics are the medium and the canvas is Frederix Red Label.


QUICK POSTING ADDITION:  Interest Rates have dropped again. Our daughter locked in at 4.5 percent to refi her house.  I have two sons in the mortgage business that are doing her loan and are finishing up our refi.  This is the best time to do it and either move to a 15 year or refi at lower rates.
Justin Brown, my eldest son, has 8 years experience in the field. You can reach him by clicking "Justin Brown"; or my youngest son, Morgan, the artist, has three years in the mortgage industry and he can help you as well. click "Morgan Pace" here.


The Thought:  I woke up this morning realizing the crispness in the air and stretched giving thanks for the fall of the year.  I feel more alive in fall than any other time of the year.  It is and always has been my favorite season.  As I began praying this morning and greeting the Lord on my awakening,  I picked up with where I was last night turning things back over to Him so I don't carry them around all day.  We had been out to Bluffdale TX to visit Debbie Grayson Lincoln, another fellow Texas Artist and a blessed friend from high school.  Age has brought our love and respect for each other deeper through the years. She is my strongest partner in prayer.  After the drive there (2 hours one way) and home and the few moments we were able to stay and visit, I was left in a tranquil state on the way home that lasted ebbing gently through me even as we fell asleep last night.

It is the type of calmness you wish stayed with you always.  A deep abiding peace that only comes from Him.  There is much before us right now in our personal lives that requires decisions and actions and I realized in a split second this morning as I was turning this over to the Big Guy, that we were lacking a plan.  Despite the fact that 99% of our plans never reach fruition.... it is always good to have one.  The vision was that of the star...reminding me of the Star of Bethlehem...the guiding star in the heavens.  The light that leads to the Father; the light that leads home.

It is time for a basic plan for us with out so many details and what ifs jumping in.  It is time for us to lift our eyes to the star and turn our chaos back to peace. It is time to empty out the clutter and focus on the light.


Follow the light. Simplify the clutter in your life so you don't trip getting there. Why are you holding on to so much stuff??

Laurie

“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,” Philippians 1:9-10   

Comments

Don Coker said…
Good job, Laurie. Love the new piece!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...