Skip to main content

'Indian Paint Ponies' Large Abstract Horse Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

'Indian Paint Ponies'

18 x 27 inches
Acrylic on Canvas

Contact me to purchase, mention the title of the painting: Laurie

© Laurie Justus Pace Graphics One Design 2009


The Painting: Visceral application of paint yesterday in this unique approach. The value of composition and balance were predominant over the actual object in the painting. The telling layers of paint truly build the composition outward in a dimensional form.

The Thought: Terry proclaimed today he would be working on the master bathroom. We are both tired of the trip down the hall to the hall bathroom at all hours of the night. We have Tink coming today. We have not seen her in quite a while, so I am in full anticipation of a wonderful day.

I am also in full anticipation of the day we can have this house NOT full of tools and construction. We have lived this way for 18 months now. I had no clue 18 months ago that I would still be working on bathrooms this far into the process. When you sit back and think why was it not done sooner... that is easy to answer. LIFE.

We all have a tendency to bring stuff into our lives. Both physical and mental. Think of the garage that is used to put anything in it that doesn't fit in the house. OR think of the extra room where you can stuff and hide things when company is coming. Or what is it like next to your side of the bed? I keep my bible there, my IPOD is there, the book I am reading this week is there, my Sudoku book is there with a pencil. In the drawers of my night stand are sewing projects, needle work etc. You never know what I might need... from bed.

We seem to cram mismatched things into different rooms of our house no different than cramming mismatched priorities into our lives. For homes today, that have home makeovers. For our lives you can attend seminars on self help in almost every imaginable area. Our lives have become neglected rooms filled with "stuff". Our lives are crowded, unsatisfying and ineffective and there are truly few ways to find help.

Is there clutter in your life you can clear out over the next month? Simplify and bring God back into your life. If you are centered in Him you will not be pulled so violently by the calls of the modern world to have, buy, bring home and clutter up your life some more.

Keep it simple.

Laurie

"The glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together." Isaiah 40:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...