Skip to main content

"Caught in Morning Light" © ~ Equine Art Painting by Laurie Pace



30 x 30 inches
Acrylic on Canvas

SOLD ALREADY! THANK YOU!!!

Contact me to purchase: Laurie

© Laurie Justus Pace Graphics One Design 2009

"Amazement seized all of them, and they glorified God and were filled with awe, saying,'We have seen strange things today.'" Luke 5:26

A Painting A Day: Inspired by the "Bathed in Light" © 2009, I began a journey with undercoats of Raw Sienna and Cobalt Blues. The next layer was in golds and yellow until I had a consistency built up to the edgy point of carving. Working on the square canvas leads to either many horses or just one. You can see where it ended up. Adding at least 12 more layers of color, this painting is quite thick. It gets to the point I am carving in paint and I love it!

When Buying Art Work off the Internet: There are hundreds of fabulous artists selling their work on the internet. While it is always good to do your homework and check out their experience and their number of years painting, it should NEVER dictate if you should buy the work. If you are buying strictly for investment, then it is important to find out as much as you can about the artist. When buying for the home your emotions play the largest part in purchasing a painting. If a painting calls to you, where the artist comes from, or the number of years they have painted is NOT important. You buy art that you love to be apart of your home to enrich your life.

My Thoughts for the Day:

Does age matter? I guess it might in some things like experience needed to perform certain jobs...but does it matter as you get up in the morning?

Remember when school was out for the summer... and you packed up your desk in a paper bag and took it home? Then in the morning when you woke up the first delicious thought was ... IT IS SUMMER! NO MORE SCHOOL.

What would it be like to wake tomorrow morning and feel that unburdened? I am willing to try it if you are. Young at heart is meeting the world each morning welcoming the experiences of the day to come with childlike wonder of the great gifts you will find ahead. New opportunities to explore; new people to meet; a child like innocence waiting to burst forth as you jump out of bed.

Be cheerful as you face new challenges today. Find surprise in something and smile. God has tucked something special away just for you today.... can you guess what it is?

I wish you a song in your heart to be blessed to be young at heart.

Laurie
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12


Websites:
www.lauriejustuspace.com
www.thepaintedpony.net
www.dailypainters.com
www.ellepace.artspan.com
www.askart.com Blue Book of Artists


Laurie's Books:
Amazon

Representing Galleries:
The Rare Gallery Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Earthworks Art Gallery, New York
Patina of Marble Falls, Texas
The Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas, Texas
The Gordon Phillips Gallery, Texas
The Red Tree Gallery, Atascadero, California
Our House Gallery, El Dorado Hills, California
SR Gallery, Hong Kong
Shooting Stars Gallery, Glenrock, Wyoming

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...