Skip to main content
FIVE UP FRONT Horse Equine Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

18 x 27 inches THICK OILS!
Contact me to Purchase. Laurie


"Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice." Luke 17:15


Next shot on the the children on the beach...stay tuned.


When I woke yesterday morning I celebrated the joy of Sunday. Sunday is a day that symbolizes God's Day. A day to rest, honor, reflect, heal, praise and release to Him everything that is burdening me at the time. It was on this day yesterday that I spent the day in quiet mediation through out the day, in between the normal activities, focusing on healing and be ready for the week as it arrives this morning. With that healing prayer came health and strength from the Father. His serenity filled my mind, heart and soul. There was no room left for anxiety.

I am sure before this day is over, anxious moments will return. Mondays and Tuesdays we have our 3 month old granddaughter to care for. Our days become a bit more complicated with strollers, car seats, burp rags, diaper bags and a tiny baby. She is indeed a blessing to all of us despite the baggage of upkeep that comes with her. Gracious last week Terry toted all her "stuff" into the back bedroom. I never do that. I keep it all up front where I know where it all is. So I didn't see what came with her that day. Long story short, her little circular pillow (I think Stacey calls it her boppie) was left behind. Due to our forgetfulness it didn't make it back to Stacey and Larry until Thursday. This "boppie" is an essential element to having children in today's world. Makes me wonder how late people stay up into the wee hours of the morning designing new ideas for babies...the must haves in modern child raising. I will say the boppie does have a functional place. Maybe they should make them for adults too.

I pray for you today, the grace of healing. My it's power fill you with every breath to meet this new week ready and rested. Our little one should be arriving any moment now!


Laurie
“Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!” Romans 11:33

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...