Skip to main content
Surviving the Storm
Contemporary Horse Equine Art Oil Daily Painting by Laurie Justus Pace
SOLD ! Thank you!
12 x 12 inches of affordable contemporary art!
Contact me to purchase. Laurie



"Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in truth; ;give me an undivided heart to revere your name." Psalm 86:11


Sometimes in life it seems things are going along in a survivable fashion and WHAM, situations change in an instant. Often we will react immediately to the WHAM, having no choice but to do what instinctively comes to mind and to action.

More often in life things take a turn to change, and altho it may be sudden, we have time to consider the overall situation and think about how we should react. This could be anything from discovering a new baby is on the way to receiving a diagnosis concerning your health, or unexpected financial challenges...like our dropping stock market.

This is when we take the time to turn to thought before we react. We have a choice in all matters, and that choice is always how we respond to the situation and to those around us. With prayer you may not hear the answer immediately, but you will feel the peace as you begin to recognize the path as God guides you.

You always have a choice...what is the best way to respond? For me, it is to give thanks to God first and then whip out those rose colored glasses.

Sorry my posting is late this morning. I slept in. I was up painting late last night on a donated piece for a fund raiser in NY city. The weather in Dallas is pitiful thus affecting my sinus situation drastically. I give thanks for the coming rain as we are in a serious drought situation. Mid eighties and this is March. Tomorrow is will drop into the 40's as a high. All our vegetation is out blooming so I do pray there will not be a freeze.

May you be God-inspired today!

Laurie

“But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,” 1 Peter 3:15

Comments

paintgyrl said…
Thank you so much for this kairos word for me today, this is exactly what I needed. This is my first time commenting on your blog, but I want you to know that you are an inspiration for me as an artist and as a Christian. I love how you use your art, the scripture and your testimony to witness to the world through this blog. Thanks again for all of the inspiration, and allowing God to touch me through your words.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...