Skip to main content
In the Crowd no 36
Contemporary Art Palette Knife Daily Oil Horse Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

24 x 30 x 2 inches of Solid Thick Oils

SOLD
1/30/2009
Contact me to commission a similar painting for your home. Laurie




"The Lord watches over those who obey Him, those who trust in His constant love... We put our hope in the Lord; He is our protector and our help." Psalm 33:18, 20

Have you ever been squeezed in an over-packed elevator? What about in a stadium for a playoff football game? (Like Texas/OU weekend... I have been twice, and that was enough.) I can understand how trampling over other people happens if you are not careful. We have to watch out for our "neighbor" in the crowd. Meanwhile God is watching over us in the midst of it all.

His unwavering love will continue through the masterpiece paintings of sunrise to sunset, to greet you with new moments and new experiences. Despite the "crowds" around you, He never wavers His watch and His protection. He waits patiently and welcomes your prayers and time with Him. He surrounds you with a world filled with all you need and even more. From the cold of winter to the heat of summer; from the early damp spring and planting of seeds, to the crisp fall and gathering of crops; the thick leafy trees that shade you in the summer and the budding blooms of beauty as flowers cover the fields. He is there in every breath.

Stacey was here yesterday. We had a huge ice storm but Larry had to come into work, and with him, Stacey to be close to the hospital and her doctor. It was hard to stay focused on work while she is here and I would rather be spending time with her. I prepared Terry's mother's recipe for homemade meatloaf, also, homemade Audrey Bread (Our neighbor from Justin Texas makes the best homemade bread), fresh shelled organic green peas and organic carrots, and organic red potatoes mashed with their skins on. I am still full this morning. Chili is on the menu and I have to start it shortly.

All recipes will be posted on my Lakewood Series blog this week.

Stacey will be arriving in about thirty minutes so I have to get hopping.

With unwavering belief of His joy and abundance,

Laurie

"The earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord." Psalm 33:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...