Skip to main content
FURY

8 x 10 x 2 inches
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

A Painting a Day



Egads...I am sunburned. I took the morning off and went swimming, rather floating, with my neighbor. I haven't take a break from the studio for something enjoyable like that in a LONG TIME. Well I am paying for it. I have the skin type that is winter white, but once I am in the sun I am a brown berry. Well, it has been years since I have been out floating around and I forgot to think about sunscreen because I figured I would only be there a short time. Well three hours later I raced home to handle stuff with the wreck and lawyers etc and didn't take the time to shower until after dinner. I am burned. White strap marks and all! It may be a rough weekend.

This painting is another one of my smaller pieces, studies for larger paintings. I am taking watercolors on the trip. I have to really rethink my stuff because we may be flying. Still trying to figure that one out. Less stuff can come with me! I am heading for the easel...have a great FRIDAY!

Hug someone you love. I heard from my oldest best friend, JJ, that lives in Austin. It made my day yesterday....we both reached out and hugged tightly over the internet.

Shalom,
Laurie

“You have heard of this hope before in the word of the truth, the gospel that has come to you. Just as it is bearing fruit and growing in the whole world, so it has been bearing fruit among yourselves from the day you heard it and truly comprehended the grace of God.”—Colossians 1:5-6

Comments

kaycrain said…
Laurie,
This is gorgeous! It immediately caught my eye on Dp.com. Beautiful color and great brushwork.
Kay
fellow dp'er

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...