Skip to main content

Mountain Appaloosa, Painted Ponies 2011, Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace, Joy in the Wind

Mountain Appaloosa
Available 
Mirada Fine Art, Denver CO.
20 inches by 30 inches  Oil on Canvas  
 ©Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011
contact me: Laurie    


On The Wind of Joy

She flitted around the house in her Tinkerbell-like outfit, pretending to fly and soar on the wind around the living room making circles around the couches and tables.  Her voice had a beautiful sing-song quality that rang with happy notes of joy and pleasure at just being alive.  It was quite the contrast from the two year old tantrum in the bathtub the night before when she did not want anyone washing her hair.

The wild swings of joy and frustration of being age two reminded me that it was a mirror of what we often see in adults.  Night before last I crawled into bed, the last night Lady L would be here this trip...worn but happy.  Terry was in the den with Larry watching the latest episode of Top Gear, a favorite in our household. Stacey had fallen asleep a few hours earlier with Lady L, both tuckered out.  I climbed into bed with a tv remote in my hand.  I NEVER have control of the remote as I rarely watch TV; I thumbed my way through the 500 plus channels and was amazed at how much I had NOT missed in life.  I did find Sweet Home Alabama on the Love Channel and settled in to watch the last hour of it.  Rather sappy but the part that got me was the end.  As the two destined romantics arrived at their seven year late wedding reception, the joy of life and celebrating was so contagious I cried happy tears in response. 

Why can we not live like this always?  Why can we not find this much joy in every thing we do? I switched off the tv at 10:30... Terry had crawled in bed about 15 minutes earlier and was already sound asleep... and I prayed... and had this 'feeling' that I truly need to make more joy each day.  I need to celebrate life each day.  I need to praise Him more each day and I need to bring back to my marriage this same joyful nature of the fullness of life.

So when I drug out this canvas above ... that was drawn off last November, I picked up my palette knife and went to work. I worked through  most of the afternoon and into the evening until after eight... and I think I am finished.  This was joy in the making.  Painting for my show opening in Denver in July this summer.... pure joy in celebration of life, love, freedom, energy,...all the good things in life...expressed through color and my palette knife. I hope you enjoy the story and the semi-abstract appaloosa painting above.

Joy to you. Joy is in the air; you can feel it in the wind and in your heart. God is calling to you. 

Still a few more weeks to sign up for the art workshop. You do not need to be an accomplished painter to participate...any level artist will learn much from the three day gathering.

Laurie        

“For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.” - Psalm 14:1
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...