Skip to main content

Red Abstract Circle Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Organic Red
12 x 12 inches of acrylic color 
Abstract Painting by Laurie Pace

Sold    


 ©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011  
Contact me for your own commissioned painting: Laurie    

MORE LETTING GO
It is not that I believe you did not read yesterday's post, but I am going to go at it again.  

What would it take for you to let it go?  I think of my granddaughter, Lady L in this image I posted earlier this week... and I look at the family quilts she is snuggled into... and I remember her favorite baby blanket which has now turned into her favorite Tinkerbelle blanket all green with Tinkerbelle flying across it.  She will let go of anything for that blanket.  

When she is scared or tired, she draws comfort from the Tinkerbell blanket and her Tinkerbell jamas. I bet you have a favorite pair of pajamas that make your world all better too.  Eventually Lady L will learn to venture into this challenging world with out her blanket at her side. She will let go of it and learn to cope with her feelings.
As adults we suffer from anxiety when things begin to pile on us and the stress levels go mega. Many of us draw comfort from food.  Old patterns set in as we substitute food for our blankets and our waist lines begin to grow. If we can learn to let go and let God we would be surprised to find He has already graced us with everything we need to face life in a positive composed way.  

These pictures are the 'comfort' healthy food Terry and I made this week. VEGAN Shepherds Pie with a slight adjustment of a bit of chicken breast in it.  We sauteed our favorite veggies and boiled some sweet potatoes sliced up.  Then I mashed them up with a bit of carrot juice.  I used carrot juice and cornstarch to thicken the left over veggie juices from the original mixture and we added a bit of baked chicken breast to the mixture.  You can also crush up nuts to add to it as well. 
You spread the veggies out into a pan and then top it with the crushed nuts and a layer of smushed sweet potatoes. Bake it for about 25 minutes at 350 and yum yum.  Terry splurged with some Cheddar on top of his... but we ate on this for two days and it was truly comfort food.

Meanwhile today.lets all put away our 'security blankets and food' and let it go and let God take control. You can rest then and be at peace.

Laurie          

"Do not worry about anything." Philippians 4:6


POST NOTE: Did you know Broccoli has more protein per ounce than beef?

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...