Visit my main website for available work, commission a painting or read about me as an artist.

LauriePace.com

16 June 2017

It was too long ago. The Foundation of a Painting with Laurie Justus Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

28 x 42 Wolf Painting in Progress  Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.

Leaning into experimenting on this next painting. Starting with a glazing on the foundation first and then building layers on top of it. Terry says I killed this brush because (oops) I forgot to clean it. Brush shopping I shall go.  I have had this 'hankering' and image floating in my head of wolves... seems to be something I am drawn to lately.  This image is with earthtones... where truly the wolf is part of its environment.  

Luke 6:48  "He is like a man building a house, who dug deep  and laid a foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built." 

#paintingastrongfoundation #wolfpainting  #lauriepace


Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

No comments:

Laurie Justus Pace Contemporary Texas Artist

© LAURIE JUSTUS PACE GRAPHICS ONE DESIGN 1998-2011

All images, artwork and wording on this site are copyrighted. Reproduction of any image with out the expressed written permission of Laurie Justus Pace, Graphics One Design, dba is prohibited and protected by Copyright.

Copyright 1998-2011, all rights reserved. Texas Premier Contemporary Modern Artist, Laurie Justus Pace.


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

AddThis

ShareThis