Skip to main content

Escaping the Mountain, Contemporary Horse Painting Elle Pace, A Texas Artist



  ©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2023

Escaping the Mountains
20 x 30 inches  Oils on Canvas
SOLD 
 by Laurie Pace  

Shop other Available Artwork. 


"But if these years have taught me anything it is this: you can never run away. Not ever. The only way out is in.” ― Junot Díaz

When thinking of 'escaping' I realized this quote is TRUE! Some of us know there is not a way to run away from life, or happenings in life. All you can do is go forward even if you have to go in and go through it.   

SLOW DOWN YOU MOVE TOO FAST...
You've got to make this moment last...
"Feelin Groovy" by Simon and Garfunkel

Our lives have become woven to the thought of instant gratification or instant results. The electronics we keep at our fingertips allow us to fly at high speed through life. We also know what EVERYONE else is doing in life every single day and suddenly their worries become our worries and next we find ourselves deep into instant stress. Throw in bad weather, bad politics, arguing surrounding us and everyone taking sides and pointing fingers. and you have stirred up a mess of stress. We all have opinions what people should do or should not do and we wait eagerly watching the outcome, only to fall into disappointment if the outcome is not what we thought. 

Have you begun doing this?   

I really do not believe God wants us this 'plugged in'. In fact I know it with my entire heart.  Do you remember the Tower of Babel?  Did not end up well. Genesis 11:1-9

OR what about Sodom and Gomorrah? Genesis 19 
There was a lot of evil weaving through the lives of folks back then. I often compare this to today in America. We need the great escape ready...but we cannot. We must live through what is ahead and stay the course. God will direct us when the time comes. 



Follow the Spirit of the Paint


“Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens.  Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. ." Genesis 19:24-25



Laurie Pace - A Texas Artist 



             


INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  



GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...