Skip to main content

Summer Horse Painting 3, One Hundred Horse Paintings for One Hundred Days of Summer for $100 by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



©Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2012
Contact Laurie for Commission work or to purchase a painting.

By Texas Artist Laurie Pace 
8 x 8 inches Oil on Canvas 

One Hundred Horse Paintings for One Hundred Days of Summer 
for $100 each.
This is the second horse in the series.
Click on the painting or the title to see detail shots.




100 Days of Joy, Day 2


Last night was a struggle after Terry turned out the light. It was eleven and we were both pretty tired from our day. Suddenly the squirrels broke loose in my head and sleep evaded me.  It was not just one squirrel and one scenario, there were at least 7 or 8 squirrels are vying for my attention. It was like a roller coaster ride and I was trying to hang on.

After talking to myself about 'getting it together' and 'putting these things away'... I was still laying there picking up the left over trash from the squirrels. No mind over matter was working, so I rolled over and quietly picked up my prayer beads next to the bed. 

I am not Catholic, so these are Anglican Prayer beads that I use in my own way.  Usually praying my way around the 33 beads and the cross, I fall asleep before the end, but last night I went around one full time doing my prayers and began the prayerful second trip praying for each person on my prayer list. As I was coming to the end of my supplications the peace that filled me was amazing.  I slid the beads under my pillow and fell into a restful sleep. 
It was Aunt Jo Pace Holley that shared with Terry and I, when we married years ago, on sleepless nights to pray for others. When you are concentrating on others, your "neediness" fades away.

He is the Provider, the Comforter, the Healer.  He is whatever we each need at any moment in the day. He is my Joy.

Thank you Aunt Jo.  Your Joy continues in our lives. *

"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. " Psalm 5:3

Words of my Heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

*  Jo Holley died many years ago.  She was a believer that touched and changed many lives in her close to 88 years on this earth.  She only lied one time that we know of and that was when she got her 'hairdresser license' at age 15. She was suppose to be 16.  She was featured many times in her last years because she was still doing hair for her clients. She would drive to their house and pick them up and bring them back to her salon on Grand Ave in Dallas. She would minister to them in so many ways before returning them to home.  She was the oldest practicing hairdresser with the most years in service of anyone known in the USA. David Letterman tried to convince her to do his show and she refused on moral issues.  She did her trade for 75 years serving and giving of herself daily.  She kept a log prayer book next to her bed where she would put a date, a name, a prayer request and every day twice a day she went through her list praying for others. When a prayer was answered, she dated it answered.  It was amazing to see God's trail of love and perfect joys as all prayers were answered in His time. 



GALLERY LINKS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...