Skip to main content

Sudden Light Abstract Horse Painting by Texas artist Laurie Pace

Sudden Light
5 x 7 inches  Oil on Canvas   

 BID HERE 

 © Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011
Contact me: Laurie

PRAYER
This is another one of my miniatures that I am preparing for larger paintings for my upcoming Denver Show in July at Mirada Fine art.   I am hoping to do a painting on site at the gallery if we are able to arrange it.

The base was a rusty orange coating of acrylic with heavy overlays of oil paint.

Yesterday we began working on clearing the banks of the pond some more. We are under a burn ban so we will continue to clear and then have to pay to have someone come clear the trash of trees and limbs from our lot.  We desperately need rain. My prayers this next week are focused on just that.

Make a list of things to pray about this week and keep up with it... even if you do not make another ...keep up with this first one. Pray daily about the things on your list...and when you find answers for those prayers, date the list next to that item. It is a wonderful way to see God at work as He does answer prayers. Not always the way we want him to, but things evolve and resolve.

Laurie        

"If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudging, and it will be given to you." James 1:5

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...