Skip to main content

Movement of the Spirit Abstract Horse Painting by Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace, Where does the Wind end?

Movement of the Spirit
30 x 40 inches  Oil on Canvas
      © Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011
SOLD
Contact me for Commission Work:Laurie

 MOVEMENT OF THE SPIRIT

In church yesterday Pete spoke about many things in his message; one particular statement caught my attention.  Where does the wind end?  He told us in the bible translations the word for spirit and wind are often interchanged.  Reflecting on this when I chose a painting for my quick mini'blog... I chose Movement of the Spirit.  The constant motion of the Holy Spirit in our lives is never ending.  That is something you can COUNT on all the time, the consistency of the Spirit in your life if your heart and mind are open to receive from God.

(note about this painting from Spring 2006: It began as a painting of my Taylor 914E... and it became horses....look closely and you can find my guitar.)

On the side of counting...endlessly with an abacus built by Lady L's (aka Tinkerbell) great great grand-daddy Haskell.  All of my three children played with this abacus, learning to count, to add and to subtract.  Lady L spotted it in the glass china cabinet and wanted it immediately.  She learned quickly about the red, green and yellow beads.  The spirit of William Haskell's love is carried on in this simple abacus. I am guessing it was built for his grandson Mark, and then passed on to our three and now to Lady L.


May the Spirit fill you with every need this day.

Laurie
         
“Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.” - 1 Peter 2:2-3
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...