Skip to main content

Head Strong Abstract Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace, The Texas Twister

Head Strong
9 x 12 inches  Expressionistic Horse in Vivid Colors  Oil on Canvas   
SOLD This morning! Thank you.
© Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011

THE TEXAS TWISTER

By most standards the Texas Twister would be one of those huge tornadoes bearing down from west Texas into Central Texas....OR it could be Lady L in her "twister" mode.  That can be defined two ways... one by the disaster left as she plays from room to room... to that tiny twist of hair on her fingers when she is so tired she cannot see straight.

We have put a few miles on the little red wagon already and her favorite thing in the house is the baby grand piano.  She stays "STUCK" to that most of the day.  "STUCK" is her favorite word, no wait, second favorite. Her favorite is NO NO NO.

When she is in her car seat or you are holding her and do not want to put her down she is decisively STUCK and lets you know it.   She had forgotten we had birds.. Max and Gracie... and she calls them BORRR YDS... with a northern accent.  Makes Terry and I chuckle to hear her stringing the words together.

(I am inserting a later comment right here as I just received a very pointed email that I had insulted the north with the term Yankee and my referral to the language difference, so I removed it. I am from the north. I always considered myself a Yankee. That is where Lady L picks up some of her accented words. (Her mom is from Nacogdoches Texas and her Dad from Oklahoma.)   If you are from the south you are constantly teased for the long drawl and lazy words that miss syllables and often half their letters.  So apologizes to Wm Fack as there was no malicious intent when I wrote my blog AND to my NY Family, Billie I do NOT want to hear from you!  I miss hearing my grandmother's sweet German accent... and I miss hearing "pop" instead of soda. I miss much of the language I grew up with...but I was moved to Texas at a young age attached to my parents. I married a Dallas boy, born fourth or fifth generation Dallas... and we are always teasing each other back and forth about things like this. It is rather nice to hear my granddaughter mimic some of it back to us.)

Short blogs and long days from the Golden Pond. Before I forget. We have huge bees buzzing the house. BIG black bees with yellow on their backs.  Any ideas how to lure them away from the house?  Makes it hard to go outside with Lady L.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...