Skip to main content

Spring Dahlia in Progress, Flower paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Spring Dahlia in Progress'
20 x 20  Oil on Canvas

Available... 
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
 
 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2011


It was way to cold to work in the studio yesterday. It never got above 24 degrees outside and I have six floor to ceiling windows and a large glass door that are on the northwest side of the house. BRR.  So I chose to paint on my small easel in the den. Have not been able to convince Terry to build a fire but maybe he will change his mind today.

He is already out early this morning walking Paddy the dog.  I declined the invitation to join them as right now it is 16 degrees outside. I am not sure I seek warmth and comfort because it is so cold outside, or if that is just part of being human.  What physical things would make you comfortable right now?  I am smiling at my warm fuzzy slippers and my big furry robe.  If I were a coffee drinker I would have a cup of that steaming in my hands....maybe I will make some hot tea.  Let's add a roaring fire for a comforting thought this morning and maybe breakfast with mom. That sounds even better.


We all have our own ideas of comfort food and comfort situations.  We have something even better in the comfort of God in our lives. He is a constant reassurance of light and love in our lives. No matter what we face in life He is more than any comfort ideas you can dream up. Turning to God in prayer you will true love and comfort.  He will take you into His arms and hold you tightly enfolding you close to His heart.  God's love endures forever.
 
Laurie
"I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20
 

Comments

Julia Kulish said…
O my, can't wait to see this one in it's finished state - it is incredible right now! I love the colors that you are using!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...