Skip to main content

'Four Black Horses' Music Varnish Overlay Series Contemporary Horse Equine Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Four Black Horses'
9 x 12 inches  Oil on Canvas

SOLD
COMMISSION Piece for Michael Dutka
in honor of his newly written Opera, Four Black Horses.



Contact me for commission paintings. Laurie
© Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009



The Painting:  This was created just for Michael in celebration of his newest opera. It is done with my Music Series. It is a wonderful story about four black horses.  One day I will share more about it in a few months, so stay tuned.  On the background is the score from his new Opera performed I believe recently in Delaware.  I was the blessed artist to receive a CD of the opera and a DVD of the performance.
Here is the review:

Michael Dutka’s opera Black Horses and The Stronger were commissioned by OperaDelaware, and performed at Saints Andrew and Matthew Episcopal Church. A winning array of singers handled Dutka’s daunting scores with ease. In Black Horses, soprano Elizabeth Zell sang beautifully and clearly the libretto adapted from Luigi Pirandello’s short story. Tenor Jeffrey Halili sang with a warm tone and possessed a natural comic talent. Alexis Cregger, in her operatic monologue in August Strindberg’s oddball play, was a pure pleasure to watch and hear. Her glorious soprano and prodigious musical talent are sure to lead her far. Martha Koeneman played Dutka’s beautiful, yet difficult music with ease, grace and musicality.



The Thought: Well, the second blog book is done. NO it is not the blog book filled with all of these. If I did that they would cost $287 for a 800 page book of my blog for one year.  So this is a beautiful mini edition of my blogs and artwork in the year 2009.  I chose to dedicate this year's book to my mom. She has been a blessing to so many of us crossing four generations; she is a healer; she is an in action believer and gives of her gifts constantly.  So now you can share in my heART with this year's book for 2010, Treasures of the heart. Just click the link to the left if you want to buy a book.  You will have to email me direct if you want a signed copy.


Today we have Tink coming...so I am up early to blog and be ready for her.  She is a challenge as you can tell from the video a few days ago. She is crawling swiftly and walking around the tables.  she will be walking soon....We are still not entirely baby proofed, but we will not let her out of our site.

Is your life "Baby Proofed"?  Actually I should say " Is your life "God Proofed"?  We run around getting our homes ready when we have a baby...putting those plastic things in all the outlets, putting up all breakable things, getting rid of glass tables and nasty carpets, opting for easy clean floors. 

Have you done this in your life? Are you God proofed? Are you ready for God in your life...to take Him in full time?  Did you bless the food before you ate it? Did you wake this morning and greet the Lord with praise and adoration?  Did you thank the Lord when you made it to work on time?  Did you rid yourself of some of those nasty habits that keep creeping back into your life? Did you throw out the old and declare yourself to God to be cleaned?

Hummm, maybe its time to get busy! 

Laurie

“ In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.” Luke 2:1, 4-5  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...