Skip to main content

"Blue Spirit" Contemporary Equine Art Horse Daily Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace featured in January edition of Cowboys and Indians Magazine.


'Spirit Blue'

20 x 30  Acrylic on Canvas
SOLD

READ BELOW about my the Feature Article and Picture of
my artwork in Cowboys and Indians January 2010, an exclusive Southwest Magazine.


Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie


 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009

The Painting: Not sure what the feeling was as I sketched this one out and then the horse became blue...It was not out of sadness, more out of peace... like you would be in meditation as the day begins. As always thick paint adorns the surface in my signature style.

The Thought:  I knew a few months ago a reporter phoned me about my artwork saying she was writing an article for Cowboys and Indians. We visited on and off for a week and I sent images to her.  Well last night I was speaking with a collector from Wimberly Texas and she mentioned seeing my work in the newest edition of C&I.  Mind you it was already 9 pm...but I started up my little diesel  Passat  (She was not happy about starting up and driving out into the cold either) and ran up to the local market, found the magazine and thumbed through it to find on page 68 a full page article about my work and a picture of my Carousel Horses, which lives with a collector in Austin.   I bought the five copies they had and headed home.  The feature writing was really very very good.  The negative was they left out many of my larger galleries that represent my work.  Jackson Hole Wyoming, Atascadera California, Hong Kong and Dallas.   I didn't "Give" her a list of my galleries, they are on ALL of my emails that leave here as well as on my website.  Believe me, the Jackson Gallery is ALWAYS listed number one or number two.







This magazine would like me to advertise with them.  I have been advertising with Western Art Collector and American Art Collector and in the past Southwest Art.  When I compared the rate sheets I almost cried.  (I was head artist at an ad agency for 10 years)  They truly value their magazine as their rates were 2 1/2 times what I pay at WAC and AAC.  I would really have to pull some new clientele from the ads to make it worth while.  I sent an email to them last night asking why I should advertise when the editorial was not even correct.  I cannot use this to market with when it leaves out four  of my major galleries.  My left brain and right brain continued the debate as I climbed into bed... and promptly fell asleep.   I hope to hear from them this morning.  I have to face the music with my four left out galleries...and I truly am speechless.  Do you read C&I?  

I know God has His hand in this,  He always does.  Sometimes His sense of humor is amazing and this might be one of those times.  I am grateful for the honor of being featured in C&I and if you have the chance pick up a copy and take a peak on page 68.  It is one of my favorite magazines and total posh in its look and presentation.  My ponies are smiling this morning and I know when my Austin collector opens her email this morning she will be grinning!

WATCH for a special tomorrow...I promise you will smile...

Laurie

“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago),” Luke 1:68-70   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...