Skip to main content

~ Red Mane ~ Horse Art Oil Painting by Laurie Pace




24 x 30 inches
Oil on Canvas

SOLD

Contact me for commission work: Laurie

"The Law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the decrees of the Lord are sure, making wise the simple." Psalm 19:7


A Painting A Day: Eruption of color and movement are what comes to mind when I think of this piece. It began totally as a different subject and the subtle movement of twisting color brought this composition into focus as a thick dimensional feeling emerged. Areas of paint are up to 3/4inch thick. Those are the wonderful Holbein Duo Oils I use... no impastos on this baby!

A Thought for the Day:

There are those days in life that seem out of focus. From the moment you wake and throw off the covers it feels different. At first it might be thoughts of, "I didn't sleep well last night... I could use another hour of sleep." or "Is it Sunday or Monday?" That is my favorite. With Terry working a weird schedule from the rest of the world, I never know what day it is.

Trying to get your thoughts and body back into focus is not the easiest thing. Our world is complicated and confusing most of the time due to our own choices. When we are on overload, that is when the 'out of focus' seems to creep in. Despite this chaos and momentary feeling of confusion, there is something to be learned. For most of us, it is the need to simplify and foucs on what is REALLY important in life.

Easy to say, but responding to things with a peaceful heart is the best for your health.

Remain calm today no matter what confronts you. Bring your life back into focus. This will inspire the others around you to be calm as well.

Laurie

“Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.” Psalm 90:2, 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...