Skip to main content
CHRISTMAS HORIZON PONIES
Contemporary Art Palette Knife Horse Oil Daily Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

24 x 36 x 2 inches of incredible thick paint pulled on this canvas!

Contact me to purchase or commission one in your colors. Laurie

This one sold today from the blog! Thank you!!



I should not even be up right now. This is even thirty minutes earlier than I normally arrive at the computer. (Kathy, you get to read my blog on time this morning!) Terry was sleeping sound and I woke to his snoring. Then I kept thinking about the last 8 x 10 painting I need to finish and the bookwork I did not do yesterday. I worked yesterday from 5:30 am until 9:15 last night NON STOP. Normally I would NOT work on Sunday, but we had 18 paintings to get out for Christmas and we had to get them to FEDEX today. I have three of those still hanging on the wall drying until the last second before Terry tucks the into their boxes for their trips "home".

It was a choice I made to give up my Sunday to ensure all of these pieces made it in time for Christmas. So many were from husbands that phoned me via their cells and we planned, plotted and I painted so they could surprise their wives with a painting. I also had several folks that purchased posters as gifts and since this is Pray it Forward and Pay as you Wish month, I contacted them and asked if I could substitute hand embellished giclees stretched and ready to frame. I was still working on these yesterday as well. Again it was my choice to work yesterday.
And a side benefit was learning to take a picture with my cell phone and send it. I know there is probably an easier way, but at least I can do it now!

Doesn't make sense after the blog from the day before about finding joy and taking care of yourself, but I was driven by that powerful sense of responsibility my parents drilled into me, to finish the job at hand. My choice today is get this last one done and finish up my book work and have about three restful days off from hard labor IN THE STUDIO. There is much more to do out in the world of my house.

Our choices affect our lives and the lives of those around us. Every day we are creating a new part of our life. Every day we start anew with the opportunity of choice before us. I believe that God is our one true source when it comes to gathering direction when we need to make choices. Be open today to Him and He will lead you where you need to be. When things grow chaotic, step away, if only in your mind and thoughts, and focus on the Holy Spirit within you. By directing your thoughts to prayer you keep the squirrels from racing around in your head with those "What ifs" and "What about" and "I can't do it" Open your heart to His voice and allow your mind to take in His divine wisdom. The answers will come. They are actually there now, you just are not ready to see them and accept them.

You have in your life the incredible gift of God's insight and understanding. Make wise choices today. Remember this week is our Joy week in Advent. Be joyful through it all. He is there with you.

Joy and Abundance,

Laurie

"My mouth shall speak wisdom; the meditation of my heart shall be understanding." Psalm 49:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...