Skip to main content
MIDNIGHT PEACE ~ Contemporary Landscape by Laurie Justus Pace

16 x 20 inches
Oil on Panel

Contact me for commissions and pricing!

Laurie Pace


The studio almost echoes around me. I am preparing to paint a small longhorn for a commission that will go to Austin and work on a portrait of a young girl and her horse, also a commission. These will travel carefully to my mom's for drying as this is my last day to paint until we are in the new house. This is one of my favorite scenes to paint and they are all different but contain the same flavor of color and thick paint. Even prettier in person, these slip right into a frame and hang so nicely capturing light all around.

Terry spent the day in the garage packing paintings and packing in general. We are both pretty worn out and just starting the process. In the midst of it all, my daughter sent out a dismal email saying they had closed her office and she was jobless. Merry Christmas Stacey Beth. This is a gift yet to open, a journey yet to make. God has something for you out there and as your Pop said, "She is my survivor child, she will have a job in less than two weeks." God is directing you in one of his infamous detours. Hang on and trust the signs He gives daily and pray constantly.

We are there with this house. Still unbelieving it is happening even as we are paying dearly to have old carpet yanked and beautiful wood floors installed through most of the house. Terry will tile the bathrooms and the kitchen early next year I believe. We will see how it goes at least. Watching for those signs....those detour signs.

Gotta paint!
With His Love,
Laurie

1 Timothy 6:6
But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Comments

Lori McNamara said…
Its gorgeous Laurie! Good luck with the move, hang in there and keep on smiling! I loved the ribbon story, it would make a great painting.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...