Skip to main content
Poppy Fields, Tuscan Landscape by Laurie Justus Pace

4 x 6 x 1 inches
Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

Contemporary Art for the Home




Saturday morning is here. The moon is hazed over telling me we should expect rain pretty soon. I know a cold front is stalled out north of us due to push through by Monday night...so maybe! We need it.

This painting is another small 4 x 6 inch impressionistic piece. Alive with color it sings of happy moments crossing this field of color.

Phil is still here. After events yesterday he stayed today to go shooting with me and then to help do giclees tonight I hope. We will head out this morning to the Dallas arboretum to shoot flowers. I am hoping something is blooming. In the morning Phil will leave to travel to Ville Platte to visit Laura and her family. HI OLIVIA and MARCUS!!!

Late on Thursday I received an email from the Dallas Arboretum with a late invitation to participate in Artscape. Now I never applied to this invitational show but had contacted them by email two weeks ago to put me on the list for next year. It is a juried show and highly attended. The local ABC affiliate will be doing their FAMILY FIRST weekend the same weekend as Artscape at the Arboretum. Well, the coordinator emailed me back saying she would be sending info out in March for next years show, but she had stopped by to see my work at my website and was delighted I wanted to participate in 2008. SO when she emailed out of the blue Thursday, I was surprised.

Evidently they had a cancellation by an accepted artist and she extended the invitation to me to participate. I am so honored....and so blown away. I have not done a tent show in almost four years. Can you hear my heart pounding? I went to bed that night praying about this after telling her I would let her know on Friday. Somehow in this mess we are untangling in our lives I would have to secure a white tent 10 by 10 and something to hang my work on in the tent. Did I really REALLY want to do this again? I Hated it before.

I phoned Earth Works Art Gallery, where my show was ending on Friday and arranged for Stephanie to send back about six paintings that had not sold and some prints she had there. Then I began searching to lease a tent...and was quoted $400. Oh my. I spoke to the Propanel folks and they would rent me a 10 x 10 booth set up for $150. SOLD for rental. PERFECT! But still no tent. I phoned Conni Togel at her tent show in Georgia and found out more about their stable happy tent. On faith I then called the arboretum back and told them I would do the show even though I had no tent lined up.

Last night at eight, Debbie Grayson Lincoln phoned me (She is one of the Five Graces). We were visiting about tweaking her website and starting her blog and I told her what was happening. She laughed and said, PROBLEM SOLVED. She just bought a white 10 x 10 tent yesterday...she is using it this weekend for a show and I can use it the weekend of the 22 and 23 for ARTSCAPE.

IS THIS NOT GOD IN MOTION? Can't wait to see him paint the other 10 paintings I should be taking with me! Stay tuned for more of his work this next week.

Dailyword.com compared oneness with God this morning as a lamp plugged into an electrical outlet. Endless energy is available. If the lamp is not turned on, it cannot be a conduit for this energy. The lamp must be turned on to be receptive to its power source. The Lord's energy is suppling all that is happening to me with this show. I must stay focused in him with my hands open to receive and walk these next two weeks in faith with Him by my side.

Grace,
Laurie

““The Lord said to him, ‘Peace be to you; do not fear.’”—Judges 6:23

Comments

Good Morning Laurie!
Just got all moved BACK to California and I love it here in the Sierra Nevada foothills...gorgeous, can't wait to get out and paint...still searching for studio space...but I know it will work out when it's time.
Also check out Sam's Club and Costco for 10x10 tents...I got a really nice one there with sides and everything for around $199...they are handy to have around...I even set them up for shade when I paint out if I have room.
Congrats on your show at the arboretum...it sounds like a lovely setting...good luck!
Best,
Janette
Roxanne Steed said…
Hi Laurie! This little painting caught my eye in the daily painters! This one is small for you! - but has the look of a BIG one!!!Beautiful!
Serendipity at work in your life on all fronts!
Cheer & blessings to you friend, have a great showing at the Arboretum!
Roxanne Steed

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...