Skip to main content
March Sunflowers

Oil on Canvas
24 X 24 inches

A Painting A Day

SOLD



The Household is sleeping and I may crawl back to bed...I am still pretty tired. It was a tremendously long day yesterday with folks in and out and Grant's services. There were folks unable to be seated in the chapel that held 250 people...it was a grand celebration of his life. Darci from DOUBLE HP Horse rescue emailed last night ..."Grant" means "gift"...what a treasured thought that was for both Terry and I to go to bed with!

His favorite thing to do was to call 911. Sometimes you would not even know he did it till the police arrived at the door. Talk about panic in your heart. They would come in and have to talk to Grant to see what was wrong and then of course question the poor unsuspecting soul who had not been diligent in watching that Grant was not left alone with the phone. His favorite song this past Christmas was Feliz Navidad and he really rocked to the beat. His favorite stuffed toy was NO cat given to him by his great grandmother... So many memories and so much joy from one child...we were all touched by his beauty.

The painting today starts off my summer highway sunflower series....It was quite popular last year and I paint sunflowers in a variety of styles and sizes from photos I take along the sides of the roads here in Texas. This is a thickly painted palette knife piece that is bright but even in contrast. Very harmonious energy.

Grace to all, I am heading back to bed to catch a few more hours of sleep....it remains quite as visitors are all still snoozing and the dogs are as well!

Laurie

"And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...