Skip to main content
Inspired ~ Horse

16 X 20 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting A Day

SOLD



Good morning! Despite the grunge I have been painting. This beauty was inspired by a gentleman named FLAMMY from Tennessee. It is out of the norm for me, but I enjoyed painting it! Smooth brushwork with the freedom of impressionism.

Foggy outside this morning. As I sent Terry off to work early I rubbed my eyes in disbelief at the loss of visual outside...pretty thick fog. He promised to phone me when he arrived at the airport hanger. MEANWHILE I am painting and playing catch up.

I spent an hour on the Mac last night building my web site and catching it up. Not quite my favorite, but it will be easy to update and maintain. Check it out. www.ellepace.com
I will be inserting more things as we go as well and tweaking it to be where I want it.

I have had such fun with Charlene up north as I have adjusted to my MAC. She keeps me updated and abreast of so many things. John, a Mac user, and myself are trying to convince her to drop the HP that continues to bog down and switch to the MAC. I drug my feet for 8 years and it may take me that long to pay this one off...I bought the big MAMA in the group. She is fast and hopefully my friend for many years. The SONY PC I had died after 18 months and it was a huge machine. Terry is constantly amazed at how many dead PC's we have accumulated in the past five years....They are all out in the garage.

Well, must get to three tasks today. Not teaching because it is Spring Break, but doing wash, designing the web site www.thepaintedpony.net, and painting . The Painted Pony is my Horse web site that corresponds with my book. I put one out annually now with favorite horses from the year. Think the easel will find a horizon horse scene and a new rooster...still preparing to prepare for the 3 by 4 ft rooster I have to paint next month.

FORGOT to mention about Jill Saur, an artist/gallery owner/teacher from Georgia. We had a delightful visit yesterday...we could have enjoyed tea and lunch together on the phone! Much to exchange and share and a promise to support each other in our journey to spread the gift of art to others. I have encountered hundreds of artists, but to find another active teaching studio/art studio is rare. Jill may enter the jungle of eBay soon with her work. Her web site is: www.artriverstudio.com



Grace to all, Have a great Thursday.

Laurie

“I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you.”—Philippians 1:3-4

Comments

Roxanne Steed said…
I'm grinning - love the idea of your horse book & hope to see it! -
AND I am in the process of changing over to MAC also. It's a (late) Christmas present from my hubby! It's had it's moments, but it is SO much faster! I think I'm gonna love it once I get used to it! Best wishes on the switcheroo!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...