Visit my main website for available work, commission a painting or read about me as an artist.

LauriePace.com

12 February 2008

SNACK TIME
By Laurie Justus Pace

Second in the Series My Buddy and Me



A quick note as destruction is in the process and I must have my computer off and covered.

Terry is ready for breakdown. Yesterday the waterheater came out, today he is taking the heating unit out. Tomorrow the HVAC man is due to come install a new system, but I am unclear on the waterheater issue.

The journey I spoke of for our family is still in the prayer process...please keep us close to heart.

Morgan began a new job today downtown. More on that tomorrow too. I am hoping once this is finished and I am UP UP UP out of bed ...YEAH...we can get back to life. Today I am painting a French Saddle Horse. You will get to see it later in the week as I post. I have new paintings on the camera, but only allowed a few precious minutes to do this blog this morning.

Smile at yourself today in the mirror. Know you are a child of God and you are loved.

Grace,
Laurie

"My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to my name, because my name will be great among the nations," says the LORD Almighty." Malachi 1:11

3 comments:

blh said...

This painting is a charmer because of its two contrasting figures. The artist has painted the little boy as being deep in thought or, more likely, very unhappy about something that he has just been told that he cannot do, or that will not happen, or something of that sort. Contrasting with the boy's body language is the mischievous horse, nibbling at the boy's hat. The painting makes me smile because the two are obviously close friends and I have no doubt that the horse will soon pull the child out of his unhappy mood. After all, who, even an adult, can resist a horse who tries to eat one's hat?

SiLa said...

:))) "blh" said everything and I just can smile with him/her.

I'm happy that you are active and painting again.

Blessings from our Lord!

"van Vliet" Art Blog said...

I very much enjoy the posture of the little boy in the fore ground. Very nice!

Laurie Justus Pace Contemporary Texas Artist

© LAURIE JUSTUS PACE GRAPHICS ONE DESIGN 1998-2011

All images, artwork and wording on this site are copyrighted. Reproduction of any image with out the expressed written permission of Laurie Justus Pace, Graphics One Design, dba is prohibited and protected by Copyright.

Copyright 1998-2011, all rights reserved. Texas Premier Contemporary Modern Artist, Laurie Justus Pace.


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

AddThis

ShareThis