Skip to main content

Iris in the Light of Heaven, The Power of Light in our Lives by Texas Artist Laurie Pace




  ©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2023
Spring Iris in Sunlight
(Iris in the Light of Heaven)
12 x 12  Oils on Canvas
 by Laurie Pace  


"The lush lemon yellow and the tender green shoots of green remind us that spring is ahead.  I continued to work on this painting taking it apart and loosening the structure of the Iris. Reminds me of light bouncing off the petals as they protect the inner delicacy in the center of the bloom.   This painting is available at the time of this post release. You can click through on the painting itself."


The rising sun comes daily to us and in the winter, the contrast with blues and whites always reflects the gentle side of soft snow and brilliant sun between the darkness of the trees.  Behold there is light with God's covenant. 

I believe this January shows us much like the photo of the sun rising in the forest.  The light is pushing back the darkness and reflecting in the fresh snow, enlightening every thing it falls upon with the kiss of morning. 

Is This Like Your Life?

I ask that question because today's life seems 180 degrees different than it was in January 2019 and 2020. That was a short time ago.  It was close to this time in the year that our world seem to crumble into a retreat from life.  It affected all of my family members. My Mom is 93 and strong of heart and mind but with the threat of flu still present, she is staying close to home. She is still limiting visitors.  

My oldest brother continued his journey from earth to Heaven almost a year ago.  He is missed by all of us. He was a wonderful husband and grandfather. His dry humor is still reflected in his son, who is a well known writer. His granddaughter reminds us all of him in more ways than we can count. I know there was a huge celebration when he arrived up above with our grandparents there, and of course our dad. What we must do is keep the legacy alive of those that depart from us. Keeping them in heart and in our memories.

My younger brother had to retool his business to continue working over those years and as of four or five months ago, he is now flying where he needs to be. It is called following the light, as you proceed it is stronger.

While I watched the economy tank around me, I was blessed with strong commissions over these years. We are semi retired, but blessed in more ways than I could share in words.  The Lord provides when we need it.

The past three years I have watched some friends lose their husbands or wives. (48-68 age group) That was life changing on top of life changing and struggling to find a new normal alone in the midst of the world finding it's new normal.

Look for the light in your days and nights.  It is there. Our Lord provides exactly what we need when we turn to Him. If your eyes and ears are not open and your hands and heart are not open... you are missing out. 

One of these friends shared her 'word' for the year... 
"My word for this year is restoration. I feel my life has been cleared and cut to the very earth below it's foundation. Which isn't a bad place to be. A time to prepare and heal this soil for new growth. To start over and let God breathe new life and joy into my soul. I'm praying that step by step He will be ever present in this journey to rebuild and plant the seeds of my future. All my hope is in Jesus for 2023. ðŸ•Š ðŸ¦‹ 🌱
Do you have a word? I'd love to pray about it with you." ❤️  Jess Barton


Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace


“A
nd I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you." Genesis 9:9


Laurie Pace - A Texas Artist 


             


INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  



GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...