Skip to main content

The Last Days of Summer, Remember Laurie is in Texas! Robert Frost and cool sunny mornings.



  ©Laurie Pace Graphics One Design 2022

Last Days of Summer
24 x 24 in
 by Laurie Pace  

Shop other Available Artwork. 



“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”
― Robert Frost

THE PAINTING

The one positive about the end of Sept is I get to see the sunrise.  When I take the dogs out at 5:45 I can stand and stare up at the stars.  I can walk on the treadmill and watch the sunrise. This painting is about the end of those LONG HOT summer days that lasted through the middle of September for us in north Texas. It was not just HOT it was DANG HOT.  

The painting holds the fresh bliss of that new sunrise in September. It has a softness to it. It is beautiful.  This is from Sunday Morning around 7:30.  Does not get much prettier waking up to the soft autumn sky.  Can you see the colors from the painting?  



The horse photo I used was by Helmut Hussman from Nevada.  He goes out and shots the wild horses near his home. He is kind and allows me to use his photos for resource.  In the background of the painting was this early sunlight with fields of light gold and yellow and a touch of green.  That drove the color palette and I did not veer from it. I wanted to retain the beauty of this time of the year. 

LIFE GOES ON

I love this quote by Robert Frost. Sometimes these poets from long ago sound like they are from today. What I have learned about life is to abide in the Lord.  Life will go on and I cannot stop what is happening throughout the country and our world. It matters not that I have never EVER seen the divide in this country this bad.

It surprises me that people are as rude as they are and the younger generations, many are missing basic kindness principles.  Do you remember your mom or dad saying... or even your teacher saying ... "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." That is how we were brought up, thinking of others and not of ourselves.

When you step back and disengage with thinking and just observe what is going on, it truly affects you... sad or happy depending on your side of the story.  I have learned after the days of covid shut down, I have no control over this mess in America.  I can keep my heart and mind and actions with the Lord and abide and trust in Him. I can be positive and pray for others and truly keep my focus on Him. 

He is apart of the painting above. I stopped painting this year and this is one God inspired me to paint.

Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace


“So may all your enemies perish, LORD! But may all who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength.” Then the land had peace forty years." Judges 5:31


Laurie Pace - A Texas Artist 


             


INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

The brush stroke, the palette knife, the color, the viscosity of paint, the strength of color... it all pours into the painting the mind and feelings of the artist. Explore the decades of Laurie Pace's artwork. From simplicity, realism, far abstract and somewhere in the middle now, she has been represented by international galleries as well as many throughout the United States. 

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  



GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...