Skip to main content

Color of Wind . Change is in the Air . Contemporary Horse Paintings . Laurie Pace Texas Artist



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2019

Contemporary Horse Paintings, Abstract Horse Paintings

The Color of Wind 

36 x 48  Oil on Canvas  SOLD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.” William Shakespeare

The wind in our lives can sometimes feel soothing. The wind in our lives can sometime usher in storms. Who controls the wind?  He does. So when we are sailing smoothly through our lives, we often forget the wind may change at any time; it could bring calm and peace, or the rush of storms. 

We have very little 'control' in our lives when it comes to life.  We have choices and sometimes those are good and sometimes they are not.  The one major thing we can control is our reactions to the events in our lives. We can always count on change. 

One other thing in my family that we can count on, is each other.  I have watched over the years as my now adult children, all totally different in views and life, support each other through the thick and the thin. Not many friends actually step up to do that... the faithful ones that love you and stay by your side through the good, the bad and the ugly... they are a blessing. 

A storm hit unexpectedly in my life today.  It was not on the forecast for the day, or something I could have even seen coming. It definitely is a game changer for Terry and me.  When it first hit, I truly felt release.  Strange huh?  Suddenly I felt like the 'change' would open up new things, and instead of feeling overwhelmed by the storm, I turned my thoughts to the joy of anticipating what is to come.  

The winds of change... my constant is GOD.  He has this. 

"But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded." Genesis 8:1

Laurie Pace - A Texas Artist 

      






GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...