Skip to main content

Teaching by Example. Have you been "FISHING" lately? Laurie Justus Pace




  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2018

Christmas Memories with Grandson Jonathan probably in about 2008. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas memories are strong with the holidays here upon us. We are in the midst of the third week of Advent and Terry and I are enjoying reading our advent study each morning and in the evening we have been studying the book of Mark and how his gospel compares to the other ones. 

This evening study prompted us with some tough questions to answer in our lives looking back.  First it asked the simple question of what it meant to 'follow' someone.  In today's world of social media, most people would define it similar, following friends, family and celebrities.  The Biblical idea of following when it came to Jesus, it meant total surrender of your old life, old things and old thoughts.  The commitment to follow Jesus was authentic and totally giving everything up for him. None of us today would give up our 'stuff' or our lives, or our families. Jesus' followers, the Disciples, left family, friends, home, money and inheritances.  They gave up everything. 

Then we sat and came to the huge realization that we had not given up truly anything to follow Christ.  For me, I cannot remember life without God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.  The Bible has been always with me growing up and church woven into our lives throughout the weeks and on the weekends. I was not giving anything up, but I was gaining much every single day.  I am still connected with many from my childhood church still today. I will not share Terry's thoughts as this is a personal journey for each of us.

Do you 'fish' for people in your life today?  How do you share your faith and ignite the fire in someone else to 'follow' Christ?  That was HUGE.  From 2006 forward about 10 years straight, I blogged probably 5-7 times a week always sharing something from my heart or my faith.  I was brought to a halt in my writing affected by comments from family as to me 'sharing' too much.  When Terry and I visited last night, he suggested I return to my thoughts and writing in my faith again. How can you ever share too much about the beauty of our Father in Heaven, his son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit?

Terry observed that at that same time I stopped blogging, I slowly began to stop painting.  Currently it is a love hate relationship.  Different time and different place, and I am not sure my heart is in painting any more. Yet, it is my artwork that is totally out of my direct gift from God, and the writing is a true sharing of my faith and how dear the Lord is to me and to my family. 

How can I continue to 'Fish' for the Lord? It is through my work, my writing, my art, my music, my songs, my prayers and through the way I live my life. I have five grandchildren that we are constantly engaged with.  Terry and I have the gift of being close to them and teaching them through song and faith and prayer how important the Holy Spirit is with in them and how God and Jesus are woven into everything in their life. 

Teach by example, live by God's laws, trust in the Holy Spirit, and follow Jesus because He is the way to God and heaven. 


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...