Skip to main content

Ending up in the Right Place . . . Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

Old Red  Sold   Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." Douglas Adams

We love taking quick trips out to Mount Vernon. We miss our country life and our friends. Some date back to high school.  We stay on the main highways so it is not as tempting to take off on a country road and possibly get lost.

During our journeys Terry always refers to me as "the navigator". There are always a few times I have misguided us…but for the most, I am steady in the job.

The Navigator's job is to plot and plan the route and see that the driver or pilot gets to the correct destination. God is indeed the great navigator, but  I don't think we listen very often. We seem to drive off the direction we deem fit for our needs and wants and we fail to consult the Him as the navigator.  The conversation with the navigator gets us to our destination with the least amount of detours and sidetracks and unnecessary experiences. We are so busy trying to get there, we stop listening to the Navigator. Then we take the long route.

BEFORE you start your day, check out your Almighty GPS system. God's Protective Services. He knows the route for you. He knows the direction as well as the destination.

“Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:20-21

#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...