Skip to main content

Alone in the Light . . . Abstract Contemporary Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

Into the Light 28 x 42 Sold  Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light." Helen Keller

Woke up early. We had been promised rain and cooler weather…it came and now we are back warm again. I guess it disrupted the sleep pattern a bit. The dog is restless. I put him out and of course the grass is wet so he has to do his business right outside the door. When daylight hits I will be out there scrubbing the patio. Terry is still sleeping. He seems really tired for some reason. I do not think he feels well. We are both pretty worn out from life the past two weeks.  The never ending heat is zapping but one good thing, his knee is mending. 

We need to plan a trip to Oklahoma City to pick up artwork. Kasum Contemporary is closing their doors. It is both sad and exciting knowing Tony and Stacey have much ahead that is new as they begin the next journey. The best is yet to come.

God tells us that too, the best is yet to come. Our lives all seem to be filled constantly with challenges and changes and storms. Just when you think things might settle down and you can catch your breath, another storm hits. The Best is yet to come when we return to our Father's house. Even as a young adult or young married, I could not wait to visit home and take the kids to see their grandparents. There is something special about "coming home".

During our everyday lives we struggle trying to stay on top of everything. When those times come, stop and take a break and focus on God. Do absolutely nothing.  Allow the tension to dissipate slowly as you breathe in and out.  Let God have time to work. Let the tension seep out of you and know HE has it all planned out.

I realize the importance to find that feeling in my focus with God. I must trust Him and really let go of things and not try to figure them out. Walk ahead and He clears the path.  Know the Best is yet to come. Our Father holds us close to His heart.

"From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...