Skip to main content

More than the sum of its parts . . . Ranch Painting, Cows, dogs and Mamas . . .Laurie Pace Texas Artist



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

 Painting in Progress  24 x 36  Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A painting is more than the sum of its parts, 'he would tell me, and then go on to explain how the cow by itself is just a cow, and the meadow by itself is just grass and flowers, and the sun peeking through the trees is just a beam of light, but put them all together and you've got magic. " Wendelin Van Draanen, Flipped

This week has caught me behind most of the week. Terry decided we would help get Chunky Monkey back and forth to school. Trying to wrestle an 18 month old is always fun. Usually by the time we were home from dropping him off, we were both exhausted.  I found myself dragging out of bed at six a.m. to make it to my treadmill, just to make it to the table at 6:45 a.m. and then do Bible study and breakfast and to Monkey's house by 7:30 a.m..   Then we chase him around the house awhile, drive through bumper to bumper traffic on side roads to the school... and home again and it is almost nine.  The day screams by to get everything done and back in the car to pick him up at two. ? ? ? and then babysit and play with him until four thirty.  So yes I am behind. We did not pick him up yesterday but we took him to school in the morning and Terry babysat him last night.  

ME? I am trying to paint again! New lights, new walls and I am ready. I started working on this painting a few weeks ago.  I will be sharing it just over a day or two.  It is for a friend in memory of her dog babies.

Life is not like a painting... we could try to draw out an outline or a plan of goals, but it never works that way. It was fun painting like this because I was using a brush and not a knife. I am learning something... it is seeping into me over the past few weeks.  Trying to plan ahead, trying to manipulate things, control things... it means lack of faith. Too much time is spent in the planning mode and not in the trusting mode. Painting for me is usually faith based without much planning. It is usually more discovery.  But with all the studying Terry and I are doing right now, we realize our time should be directed more on God, loving and communicating with him.  He provides what we need as we need it.  He sends all sorts of things our way and we have to accept them with grace and love him for those things even if they are sent to strengthen us.   Seems frightening, but I realize this is the only way. Total love... open heart and open arms. 

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14



#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...