Skip to main content

Worthy of esteem or respect . . . Daily Journal Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

Photography Laurie Pace
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” ― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays

Do you look around at people you know and see how you stand in comparison? Are you more successful, or perhaps hoping to be more healthy and active, or thinking how you are perhaps better than they are?  Seems to be a human nature to compare ourselves to our peers. Always it is easier to measure objective things, like cars, clothes, and homes.  Here is where we go wrong because self-worth is not related to net-worth. 

Your life and mine is worth more than anything we own. Living a life of integrity and character is ranked as number one. I can honestly tell you my earthly Dad did exactly that all the time. I have never met anyone as honest, loving and filled with integrity as he was. Throw in the pluses of putting himself through college, raising three children with my Mom and growing his own business based on his strong faith in God, willingness to serve others and his ability to see the best in everyone and to treat each with respect and care. He was a man of fine character, the best role model I could ask for. 

Most people today are seeking attention and usually want to know what is in it for them. Definitely not in line with God's word. 

Matthew 27:18  For he knew it was out of self-interest that they had handed Jesus over to him. 


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...