Skip to main content

The Winter of Discontent when I lost my hat Laurie Pace Texas Artist



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2016
.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.” ― John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent

It has really really been cold here. Last Saturday we went from 74 degrees at noon to 19 that night... the temp from 12 to 2 went from the 74 to 41 and kept falling from there.  This has been the first cold snap and I pulled out my FAVORITE winter hat Terry bought me last year and I wore it and wore and wore it and had warm head and ears. It looked pretty good as well. He found it at Whole Foods last year.  They do not carry them this year...

I lost my winter hat yesterday morning.

We were in the car and I was trying to straighten out something on the phone and we arrived to where I was jumping out of the car and my hat must have fallen from my lap or caught on my velcro on the coat...but it is no more. We actually had driven home before I missed it. Terry took us right back out to look for it in the streets but it was not there.  I know my hat is in a  good place. Someone picked it up and needed it. God sees to that. That favorite hat is warming someone else's head and ears.

 My main issue is the beating myself up because I am so careful all the time and even paranoid about making sure I am careful.  I failed.  So all day yesterday I felt upset with myself... not upset with the hat being gone...but myself for failing. 

I have had repeated conversations with myself and then began to try and pray about it. Why are we so hard on ourselves? God does not want us to be that way. I know that... but I was irresponsible and lost something that was a favorite...but just a 'thing'... No Harm done. Let it go. It was after all only a hat.

That is Terry's favorite motto. NO HARM DONE.  Time to move on and find a new hat.  He bought me a pink one at Whole Earth Provisions, but it is a slouch hat. Not sure I can get accustomed to it but maybe.  If not I will look forward to the official hat hunt.  I also ordered one from somewhere online called Orchid Lane and it is a multi colored rainbow hat...  what a journey this will be!  I shall carry the light forward in great anticipation of finding the 'hat' that fits.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Laurie

  


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...