Skip to main content

She has that quality... Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2016

Herd on the Hudson  24 x 35  Oil on Canvas. Sold
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“She has that quality, does the Hudson, as I imagine all great rivers do: the deep, abiding sense that those activities what take place on shore among human beings are of the moment, passing, and aren't the stories by way of which the greater tale of this planet will, in the end, be told.” 
― Caleb Carr, The Angel of Darkness

It is one of  THOSE days.  We all have them.

It is my birthday. The older you get, the birthdays fly by. My dad's was the day after mine and I lost him in 2012.  I miss my birthday partner in life.  My mom said she went to vote before checking into the hospital.  I am an election baby. 

Without my dad as the guide he was during my life, I flounder at times.  Sleep may evade me and the more I pray and think about it, it may be because I need to accept I am safe just like I am. I am loved just as I am.  God will take care of me just as I am. There are so many times in the past, and I imagine there will be in the future too, that I do not stay focused and connected to God. It is this daily, hourly, minute to minute contact that provides the love, the safety and the feeling of comfort from Him. Living daily with Him allows Him to be apart of my thoughts, actions and words. This totally affects how I view others and the situations that confront me each day. In my years on this planet in this earthly journey, I have made some really bad decisions among the really good ones. God stayed and walked the worst and best of it with me to always reach a point of returning to His plan after I deviated doing it my way. 

I cherish my relationship with our Father. I celebrate the life He gifted me.  He gave me this birth day entrusting me in the hands of two loving parents that raised me in His love. I pray that I have passed this onto my children and Terry and I are continuing to pass the Father's Word and Love to our grandchildren. 

Romans 8:31  "What can we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" 

Thank you Mom!

Laurie

#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...