Skip to main content

The Great Puzzle... Contemporary Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2016

38 x 58 Oil on Canvas in Progress.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Just sat on the floor in the entry hall today with Terry sharing about the finding joy again.  We will be spending more time over the next few weeks watching our life and tweaking things each day.  Not sure who we are right now. It is a puzzle.
There seems to be constant distractions that keep us from laughing and playing coy with each other and really getting in deep again to where we were about 10 years ago. OUCH... for me the last six years it has been FACEBOOK distraction.  Egads that soaks so much time out of life.  I have been fortunate to spend much less time on it but still love seeing pictures of nieces and nephews and staying abreast with my cousins.  Thinking I will reconstruct my page to be more private with only close family and friends and then maybe only visit it once or twice a week.
Television was one of Terry's old distractions.  He is not able to watch as much now as he spend most of his day trying to save things around the house from total failure. He has not built models in years and I know he wants to do that again...but we need to find things to do both together and apart that makes us feel satisfied with life... and let us live and enjoy life as God intended. 
Spending time with those that are important to you is at the top of our list... and there at the top is my mother. This summer we will celebrate her 87th birthday.  God is truly awesome.
Meanwhile we will work on our puzzle, sort the pieces and see if we can put it back together with God's help. 
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  James 1:5New International Version (NIV)
Laurie


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...