Skip to main content

Thoughts Escaping . Music Playing . Committing to a Higher Good . Laurie Pace Art




  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2015

"Thoughts Escaping, Music Playing" Prints only.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the sketches continue and yes I just had to try a horse. and it was on the Pages 53 app.  It was fun.  I smiled when I did it and I am still smiling looking at it.  Even my SIL was moved by it when I shared it this week.  

If you keep up with my blog you know I am not in search of joy, but trying to live joyfully each day, and most of the moments in the day.  Even Terry is in on board with this now. It must be rubbing off.  He came in late last night before bed and sat on the couch in the bedroom and said, "You know I really love you. I do not like to disagree about things any more.  Lets try to live joyfully together all the time."  The man melts my heart.  He is not like this all the time but the one thing that always drew me to him was his heart, his goodness and his genuine laughter and love for life. He does not worry about ANYTHING like I do.  Not sure who will pay the bills if I give it up... hummm, maybe one of our adult kids could do that. They are all geared to the  'worry' age. 

So as I am playing with my art these days, I have had several 'ahah' moments. Thoughts of what to do on the canvas are tumbling through my head.  I know where I want to be but I also know that is NOT where I will end up.  As much as I try to control what I am doing on that canvas...I know it will NEVER be like I envision it.  So now is the time to buck up and be brave and just step up to the canvas and go for it.  I can accomplish whatever I set my heart to do with divine inspiration. The strength will be there and I must stay flexible during the journey to this vision. 

Laurie

"Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...