Skip to main content

Horse 81 The Eleventh Hour, Contemporary Horse Paintings with Texas Artist Laurie Pace



Horse 81 The Eleventh Hour  
  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2014

 Size: 9 x 12 Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping you enjoy the huge amount of texture in this painting.  First this small contemporary HorsePainting is a spill off of my Black and White Series.  I used leftover paint from my palette to create this piece. I came back the next day and finished off the brighter colors layered on top. 

Palette knife painting is an expression of spirit for me. The richness of my Holbein oils are creamy and knifing them is a pure joyful act for me.  It is the gift I know He gives me and I am joyful doing it. I am happy when I am creating and painting.   Is it play or work?  I believe it all depends on the spirit you approach it with.  You can have an uplifted spirit whether it is time off or work time. 

 When we are involved in something, it captivates us and holds our attention. As we bring the creativity to an end, we find satisfaction in completion and truly behold the finished piece as a blessing. 

Try carrying the joy of God with you today.  Carry Him to work; bring Him along for lunch; rely on Him throughout your day.  You will respond in kind to the contentment you find  in each day and your joy will spread to those that come in contact with you. 

Be Expressive with God's goodness this day,
Laurie
"You shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God, rejoicing in all the undertakings in which the Lord you God has blessed you." Deuteronomy 12:7

#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...