Skip to main content

Grey Stallion, Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings with Laurie Pace



Horse 82 Grey Stallion

  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2014

 Size: 6 x 9  Oil on Canvas panel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More leftover paint from my Neither Black or White Painting... but I had more orange left than blues... I love pulling these colors into this unique contemporary horse painting. It is abstract and it is one of my signature Painted Pony Pulls.

Discovery.  Discovery is always a joy when I paint one of these. You never know where you are going. The colors create the textured surface where the horses appear. I feel like a child at play when I am working on one of these. Every stroke of the palette knife slicing through color or layering color on top of prior layers is like joy and excitement as I leave my eyes open to finding the horses. New discoveries and new opportunities with each painting.   Painting is by far a  wonderful way to start the day, to fill the day or to end the day. The downer part are all the blogging and the computer work. 

Painting is a powerful way to live.. with joy and anticipation each day. I literally look forward to what I can discover every day. Child's play...God's gift...energy, art, color, and spirit.  I get to share it with you.
May you be open to the discovery of joy today.

Laurie
"Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. " Luke 18:16



#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...