Skip to main content

Blue Horse on Orange, Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Blue Horse on Orange   9 x 12  ©Laurie Pace 2014

Blue Horse on Orange
 Size: 9 z 12  Oil on Canvas. Sold

Available Paintings by Laurie Pace 

Summer heat is cranking up and we wake just before dawn about 5:30 to begin our watering routine.  The garden is watered every morning and sometimes around dusk depending on the heat of the day.  The Strawberries are delicious..the carrots are sweet, the green beans are more than we can eat... Terry planted them every other week, so we should have those for months ahead.  I even have one lettuce that made the heat, and with it tomatoes, bell peppers, squash and zucchini.   

Changes for the fall will be higher beds to grow in but other than that we are having fun eating from the garden.


I have spoken with several other artists out there that are battling change with me. Our studios have moved and changed and we are struggling to get back into the 'grove' of feeling comfortable painting in the new area.  For me it is all the daily chores and responsibilities that seem to come first and I have to adjust my priorities. GOD has to be first and then closer to the top of the list will be my art. 

We use to sail in the summer. We have not in a few years. I miss the gentle lull on the water and the moments of adrenalin rush when the wind picks up and the sails fill and the boat skims across the top of the water. While we have some control, most of it is the wind, God's breath upon us.  We have to navigate the waters with the winds provided and many times we are caught in the 'still' of no wind on a solid surface of water...just waiting, waiting for the change and the wind to pick up. 

Perhaps not having the studio 'right' is being in the still water... I should be resting and centering on God right now and know in my heart that the wind will fill my sails soon. 


For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. Ephesians 5:8


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...