Skip to main content

Day 5 Abstract Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

  
  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013

Descent Horse Painting
8 x 10 inches Oil on Canvas.  

This may be it...do not know as I am still discovering things and preparing for 2014 and a new start in the studio.  
Winner announced tomorrow.


Saturday... not sure where the days have gone as we have prepared our hearts as we are close to the fourth week of advent starting tomorrow. This was a week to explore joy... and reasons to have joy.  So easy to walk into a store and see something you are dying to own and just flip out that credit card and buy it. Sheer joy?  Is it really? The feeling lasts what about five minutes before the doubt creeps in, "Should I have spent that money?" and then the rationalizations start,  "I can wear it for the Christmas party, and again for dinner out with 
the family Christmas day..." 


How about flipping out that credit card and buying a coat to warm that older woman standing out on the street, or buying a new bike to donate to a local charity gathering toys for children that will not have Christmas. Or this time of year when you eat out...double the tip for your wait staff.  

My favorite memory doing just this was going out to breakfast with our 15 year old grandson before Christmas. We stood in a long line at a waffle house. About 45 min later we were seated at the bar and we slid Jon in between us and ordered.  The food was hot and fresh and the woman that waited on us was the same one trying to handle the long line waiting outside the door. They were short of staff.  I overheard her talking to her family, a child, on the phone saying she would be home after lunch. She must have had the five a. m. shift, but her smile stayed bright as she visited with everyone making sure the morning was special for all of us and our food hot.  As we sat there, I knew what I wanted to do. We had some cash with us to finish Christmas shopping.   When we left, I paid with my credit card but handed her a folded up envelope with a $100 bill tucked inside and thanked her.  She smiled and wished me Merry Christmas and tucked the sealed envelop deep in her apron pocket.  Out in the car Jon was asking questions. It was such a wonderful time to teach him that giving what you have to others, and learning to do without so others could have something they needed, was pretty special.  
Terry and I decided then not to buy gifts for each other that year and we would continue to give to others as their 'light' brightened our lives.  

"Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and our shield." Psalm 33:20

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...