Skip to main content

Wolves of Snake River in progress, Wolf Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace




©Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2012
Contact Laurie for Commission work or to purchase a painting.

Wolves of Snake River in Progress
By Texas Artist Laurie Pace 
 32 x 40 inches Oil on Canvas 

This is a commissioned wolf painting of my signature pull done with wolves instead of horses. Most of these paintings are sold through




May 18, 2012

The tree is falling.  When we moved here two years ago in the early spring, we did not realize the largest oak tree at the top of our hill overlooking the lake was deceased. Two months later we were devastated to know we had to remove the tree.

Terry put it off for two years but this spring the huge limbs began crashing down to the earth below with loud echoes through the forest and a tremble to the ground.  He readied the chain saw this spring and wisely knew it was more than one man could handle. There is a crew of men coming today to begin taking down this tree. Two of us surrounding the truck cannot touch hands. 


Click here to read more.

The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  Genesis 2:9


GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...