Skip to main content

Summer Horse 2 Painting, One Hundred Horse Paintings for One Hundred Days of Summer for $100, by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


©Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2012
Contact Laurie for Commission work or to purchase a painting.

By Texas Artist Laurie Pace 
8 x 8 inches Oil on Canvas 

One Hundred Horse Paintings for One Hundred Days of Summer 
for $100 each.
This is the second horse in the series.
Click on the painting or the title to see detail shots.


May 24, 2012

100 days of Joy

Right now in my painting life I am painting 100 Horses for 100 Days of Summer.  I am also reading Psalms right now and that inspired the intent to use Psalms for the next 100 days as well. I did use Psalm 8 earlier this week, so today we will go to thinking about joy and what it is. Psalms are full of joy.

What is the difference between Joy and Happiness?  My interpretation would be that you can experience joy and happiness at the same time, but happiness seems to be built around materialistic things or events in our life.  Joy is something for me that goes deeply into the fabric of my soul and my heart.  Joy comes from God.   Through the book of Psalms David turns his heart open to God during times of crisis and was rewarded with finding joy.

What would that be like in your own life if you could be in crisis, turn to the Father and from that prayer time, come out joyful and at peace?

So for 100 days I will celebrate the joys that come through life, some through pain and some through love.

My first is my first, my oldest grandson Grant Thomas.  We only had him in our lives for a short time before he was taken to return to the Father at age 11. Grant was a special needs child slightly autistic but openly loving. So many autistic children do not connect emotionally, but Grant did. For the short eleven years he spent on this earth, he touched so many lives in so many positive ways.



Not a day goes by that we all do not feel blessed by this young child's short life. He was the pure energy and joy of God.

Words of the heart, Laurie
Artist of Texas, Laurie Pace

"Blessed is the one 
who does not walk in step with the wicked 

or stand in the way that sinners take 

or sit in the company of mockers, 

 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, 
and who meditates on his law day and night. 
 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, 
which yields its fruit in season 
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers." Psalm 1:1-3





GALLERY LINKS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...