Skip to main content

Snowball by Lady L, Texas Artist Laurie Pace

The Snow Ball
8 x 8 inches Acrylic on Canvas 
by Lady L  (age 3)
  ndp 


This is a painting of a Hostess Snowball by our three year old grand-daughter Lady L.  I did one along side her at the same time, but mine was not as good as hers so mine became a horse of course.




©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2012 
Contact me for your own commissioned painting or to purchase this piece: Laurie 


She took her work seriously.
   

The Set up to paint.



Reflections

When things happen in life they seem to make a permanent mark in our memories. We remember every single detail down to the temperature outside and maybe even what we were wearing.

It is those memories that comes back to us for 'reflection' through different times in our lives. The good and the bad memories. Then to reflect on this very Friday back in 33 A.D. is something more than remarkable. 

Reading through the gospels and their versions of this day evokes a deep sense of sorrow and pain for me. Despite it all Jesus never gave in.  His last words were "Father into your hands I commit my spirit." 

If your life has been filled with sorrow and pain. If you are carry burden and weight that keeps you from feeling joyful... it is time to speak these words from your heart and really mean it enough to place it all at the base of the cross.

Father into your hands I commit my spirit and my life. Jesus gave His life for us and our sins. He will bear the pain that you are trying to carry right now. 

Give it up to the cross. 

Words of my Heart, Laurie 


 Acts 2:20  The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.


 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...