Skip to main content

Laurie Pace Abstract Painting Golden Morning, A Contemporary Texas Equine Artist

Golden Morning
SOLD
Beautiful Abstract Horse Painting by Laurie Pace
24 x 30 inches Acrylic on Canvas  

 ©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011  
Contact me for your own commissioned painting : Laurie    


Cool Breath of God

We woke this morning to God's gentle breeze of cooler air across East Texas. I caught a glimpse on facebook postings of neighbors that everyone had been out in the cooler air and smiling this morning. I give thanks to God for this wonderful weather.

They have discovered most of the east Texas fires have been set by arsonists. One has been caught, but another remains on the loose. I then saw a facebook posting that three people were shot in Justin, Texas where we use to live.  One was a police officer.  Our prayers are surrounding that community where we lived for seven years as well as the folks that lost their homes in these fires.

I was outside with my camera this morning and caught Annie with my viewfinder.   She is still moving well although she is blind and cannot hear much anymore.  We are debating the time ahead for her and watching carefully as we do not want her in any true discomfort. She is well into her 14th year. Most Kerry Blue Terriers do not live this long.

Terry has decided to make the same lemon chicken that Larry made for us this last weekend. I need to get Stacey to send me the recipe.  I know it was stuffed with lemons and rosemary and there was a coating of butter and lemon put between the skin and the chicken.

 He chopped up carrots and onions and they were BELOW the chicken and they cooked so yummy in the juices.   He also made mashed potatoes and served them with fresh chives on top.

 The  liquid from the chicken was moved to a pot where Larry boiled it down reducing it and he then added 2 tbsp of chopped up butter to thicken into the sauce.   It was not too rich but just right.    Terry has been dreaming about making this

ever since Sunday when we ate it.    These are photos from Larry fixing it. I doubt TP will let me in the kitchen right now.  I am suppose to be 'resting'.  We are back from Dallas and seeing my physician and more tests will be in two weeks. Meanwhile I have limited myself at the computer and at the easel. I do appreciate your prayers.  I will continue to blog and am sorry I missed yesterday.  

On a FABULOUS note, my Mother is recovering from her summer hit to readjust her life and diet and she looks wonderful. She continues to shine in all of our lives with her wisdom and her love.

Laurie          

"Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened.--Luke 11:9"

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...